Seeking a Facility Mechanic to join our critical environment operations & maintenance team in a data center in Manassas, VA.
Typical work shift is 12-hours from 7:00am – 7:00pm OR 7:00pm – 7:00am; shifts alternate every 3 months. Must be able to flex hours and cover for team members and special projects to meet critical business demand. Hiring bonus may be available to qualified candidates outside of the commuting area.
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting and providing preventive maintenance and reactive repair on the data center facility related equipment and systems. This position will also provide monitoring of the building automated systems in a critical infrastructure environment.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all associated equipment and control devises in compliance with all company regulations and standards.
- Implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, and maintains spare parts inventory.
- Monitors BAS systems and equipment as well as related mechanical equipment and systems, such as HVAC and utilities and report issues/problems in a timely manner.
- Performs plumbing repairs where a trade license is not required.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical issues where a trade license is not required.
- Inspects and performs basic repairs to roofing materials.
- Performs office furniture, window, door and hardware repairs. Repairs floor and wall coverings.
- Under minimal supervision, analyze and resolve work problems, assist workers in solving work problems and, utilizing personal experience and judgment, plan and attain goals.
- Completes preventive and corrective maintenance work orders as scheduled/required in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Read and interpret work from drawings, written work orders, sketches, blueprints, and technical manuals.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work
- Working under minimal supervision, this multi-craft position may perform air conditioning, electrical, heating, instrumentation, pipefitting, refrigeration, ventilating, machine repair, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Management and Lead.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing electrical and/or mechanical facility maintenance in a data center, heavy industrial, or pharmaceutical / biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an active US Government Top Secret Security (TS) Clearance.
- Must be a US citizen, this position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb various ladders and steps.
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, wrist movement
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Special Requirements: Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed. Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree or Technical Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Experience with:
- Automated Logic Control and Tridium or other systems such as Honeywell, Edstrom, and Siemens Controls and associated instrumentation.
- Experience with Kyoto units.
- Experience troubleshooting Control Systems and BAS/BMS systems, including Automated Logic, Honeywell, Siemens, Edstrom, etc.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing process mechanical systems such as HVAC equipment and utilities supporting same.
- Experience working with Fire Protection Systems
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using testing equipment such as IR scanners, borescopes, meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc. used in maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Knowledge of:
- Building Systems sequence of operations
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure including related HVAC and electrical equipment
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.