Seeking a Data Center Electrician at the intermediate level to join our new critical environment operations & maintenance teams in Manassas, VA.
This position is responsible for performing at the intermediate level with respect to estimating, planning, and performing preventive maintenance, responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing emergency repairs on critical electrical equipment and systems.
These positions typically work 12-hour shifts from 7:00am – 7:00pm OR 7:00pm – 7:00am; shifts alternate every 3 months. Candidates must be able to flex hours and cover for team members and special projects to meet critical business demands; to include overtime and willingness to work holidays and weekends.
- Troubleshoots and locates electrical problems in a variety of electrical equipment, controls and electrical systems.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480v 3 phase and facility systems such as RTU, doors, lighting, VFDs and motors circuits.
- Assures work conforms to NEC guidelines.
- Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
- Develops and monitors work assignments for other technicians and coaches as appropriate.
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and repairs on electrical systems and equipment, instruments, control systems, drives, and lighting systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Assists lower level technicians with assignments as needed and provides appropriate coaching
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis, lockout/tagout, and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Performs all assignments with the end goal of high level of customer satisfaction
- Flexible in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ensures excellent customer service and safe work environment
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical problems, and provide solutions to critical infrastructure problems.
- Identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management and Lead.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as a maintenance electrician in a data center, heavy industrial, or pharmaceutical / biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an active US Government Top Secret Security (TS) Clearance
- Must be a US citizen, this position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb various ladders and steps.
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, wrist movement
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Special Requirements: Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed. Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree in an Industrial Electrical or related skilled trade program.
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480V 3 phase, lighting, security related systems, electric motors and motor controls.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electric motors and motor controls.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing PLCs, and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Maintaining cranes up to 75 ton capacity.
- Troubleshooting 4-20mA circuits.
- Using Allen Bradley RS Logix Software.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.