We are seeking a high-level Data Center Controls/Response Technician to join our critical environment operations & maintenance team in a data center in Warrenton, VA.
- These positions typically work 12-hour shifts from 6:00am – 6:00pm OR 6:00pm – 6:00am; shifts alternate every 2 months.
- Must be able to flex hours and cover for team members and special projects to meet critical business demand.
- Hiring bonus may be available to qualified candidates outside of the commuting area.
The Data Center Controls/Response Technicians provide critical site support by responding to alerts and alarms via the site-based building automated monitoring and control systems.
- Responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in maintaining, troubleshooting, and servicing all aspects of the building automated systems.
- Must have the ability to maintain, improve, and participate in troubleshooting for the associated HVAC equipment serving the spaces monitored.
May collaborate with other specialized technicians or subcontractors to perform facility-related repairs. Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, and solve complex monitoring and control problems.
- Oversee mechanical and electrical systems, to include overseeing and monitoring all components of the site infrastructure to ensure operational integrity.
- Interact with monitoring systems to ensure physical site conditions are mirrored within remote monitoring applications
- Update and maintain site operational practices and policies
- Respond to emergencies and immediately stabilize the facility.
- Monitor suppliers and third party vendors as required to facilitate Critical Environment workflows.
- Communicate with remote and local supporting personnel via email, telephone, and corporate ticketing system
- Navigate Alertfind, DCO Runbook, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Critical Environment SharePoint.
- Perform scheduled walkthroughs of the environment to check for system faults, escalate as needed
- Finds solutions and helps with procurement of spare parts.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Respond and provide service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Demonstrate attention to detail, good comprehensive and analytical skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Understand company policies and enforce safety regulations. Safely perform functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Operate a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Management or Lead.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing Control System/Building Automation/Management System service and repair in a data center, heavy industrial or pharmaceutical/biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an active US Government Top Secret Security/Sensitive compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance and Polygraph (TS/SCI + Poly) Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lifting up to 50 lbs
- Regularly climb various ladders and steps
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, wrist movement
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift
- Special Requirements: Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed. Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure including related HVAC and electrical equipment.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Experience with Automated Logic Control and Tridium or other systems such as Honeywell, Edstrom, and Siemens Controls and associated instrumentation.
- Experience with Kyoto units.
- Experience troubleshooting Control Systems and BAS/BMS systems, including Automated Logic, Honeywell, Siemens, Edstrom, etc.
- Knowledge of Building Systems sequence of operations
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing process mechanical systems such as HVAC equipment and utilities supporting same.
- Experience working with Fire Protection Systems
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using testing equipment such as IR scanners, borescopes, meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc. used in maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.