We are seeking Controls Engineers to support our data center operations and maintenance business units in Warrenton, VA This position typically works Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm, but must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for acting as a subject matter expert with respect to the operation, advanced troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of the critical environmental automation and control systems. Collaborates with specialized technicians, subcontractors and/or vendors to execute preventive and corrective maintenance, leveraging a strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work safely around 480v 3-phase electrical power circuits.
Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical problems, and provide solutions to critical infrastructure problems.
- Properly maintains and operates building HVAC control systems, including troubleshooting mechanical and electrical system sensors.
- Creates and modifies schedules, alarms and data point trending.
- Utilizes system reporting tools to create and modify reports.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical system sensors.
- Configures automation network equipment.
- Demonstrates expertise in Building Management systems for the assigned areas.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records and logs of various operations and equipment.
- Responsible for optimal HVAC performance/energy efficiency through the use of best practices.
- May be required to review and assist with construction and installation of systems and expansion of existing systems. This may include assisting with documentation, commissioning, and reviewing specifications and drawings against installations.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management or Lead.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing Building Automation System / Building Monitoring System controls maintenance in a data center, heavy industrial or pharmaceutical/biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an active US Government Top Secret Security/Sensitive compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance and Polygraph (TS/SCI + Poly) Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure.
- Associate’s Degree in HVAC, Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Experience troubleshooting BAS / BMS systems and controls (Honeywell, Siemens, Edstrom, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of Building Systems sequence of operations
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing process mechanical systems such as HVAC equipment and utilities supporting same.
- Experience working with Fire Protection Systems
- Knowledge of Water Systems used in critical environment applications.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using testing equipment such as meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc. used in maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.