Seeking a Building Automation Systems (BAS) Technician to join our critical environment operations & maintenance team in a data center in Warrenton, VA.
The BAS Technicians provide critical site support by responding to alerts and alarms via the site-based building automated monitoring and control systems. Technicians are responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in maintaining, troubleshooting, and servicing all aspects of the building automated systems.
These positions typically work 12-hour shifts from 6:00am – 6:00pm OR 6:00pm – 6:00am; shifts alternate every 2 months. Must be able to flex hours and cover for team members and special projects to meet critical business demands; to include overtime and willingness to work holidays and weekends. Hiring bonus may be available to qualified candidates outside of the commuting area.
- Collaborates with other specialized technicians or subcontractors to perform facility-related repairs.
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains technicians as needed.
- Communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, and solve complex monitoring and control problems.
- Oversees mechanical and electrical systems, to include overseeing and monitoring all components of the site infrastructure to ensure operational integrity.
- Maintains, improves, and participates in troubleshooting for the associated HVAC equipment serving the spaces monitored.
- Interacts with monitoring systems to ensure physical site conditions are mirrored within remote monitoring applications.
- Updates and maintains site operational practices and policies.
- Responds to emergencies and immediately stabilize the facility.
- Monitors suppliers and third party vendors as required to facilitate Critical Environment workflows.
- Navigates Alertfind, DCO Runbook, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Critical Environment SharePoint.
- Performs scheduled walkthroughs of the environment to check for system faults, escalate as needed.
- Finds solutions and helps with procurement of spare parts.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag-out procedures.
We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing Control System/Building Automation/Management System service and repair in a data center, heavy industrial or pharmaceutical/biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oversight and hands-on troubleshooting experience with electrical and mechanical systems are desired, across the spectrum of technologies that support continuous operations – generators, transfer switches, power distribution equipment, cooling units, and fire suppression systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be a US Citizen with an active US Government Top Secret Security/Sensitive compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance and Polygraph (TS/SCI + Poly) Clearance.
- Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb various ladders and steps.
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, wrist movement
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Special Requirements: Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed. Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Experience with Automated Logic Control and Tridium or other systems such as Honeywell, Edstrom, and Siemens Controls and associated instrumentation.
- Experience with Kyoto units
- Experience with Stulz units
- Experience troubleshooting Control Systems and BAS/BMS systems, including Automated Logic, Honeywell, Siemens, Edstrom, etc.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing process mechanical systems such as HVAC equipment and utilities supporting same.
- Experience working with Fire Protection Systems
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using testing equipment such as IR scanners, borescopes, meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc. used in maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure including related HVAC and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of Building Systems sequence of operations
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.